Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

In love with PROJECT LIFE!

I've been a traditional scrapbooker for many years. I started the year by father passed away (1992) because I wanted to create a memory album for my mom for a Christmas present that year.  I started with Creative Memories all those many years ago (so sad they went out business).  Well  over the years, my style has changed from a clean & simple style to more elaborate wall-papered pages but the one thing I never thought I would do is move to a "pocket style" scrapbook page. That is until changes in technology.

That's right, now that I have an iPhone, I'm a different person.  Rarely do I ever take photos with a traditional camera.  So the question is now, "What's an easy way to get those memories in an album?"  Enter the Becky Higgins Project Life AppAMAZING!!!!  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be excited about a  digital scrapbooking tool.  It’s ridiculously simple fast and easy.  The other part is I hate journaling.  Now the pictures along with journal card, filler cards and a little extra touch are the focus.

Besides the Project Life App (a real value at $0.99), a few other apps that are great organization tools are:
  • Momento: $1.99 – a photo/journaling app that will sync with various social media
  • Photo 365: $1.99 - (every day photo calendar)
  • Rhonna Designs App: $1.99 -lets you add lots of creative photo frames & texts to your photos, used in conjunction with Instagram.
  • Dropbox: place to store your pictures that aren't on your phone.
While I'll never totally leave my roots, now I can combine a hybrid between traditional and digital scrap-booking.   To that end, I've included a "template" PDF below of some of the most common PL templates and the picture sizes that go with it to help keep you better organized.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment