Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Masculine Birthday Card

Masculine cards have always been a bit of a challenge for me. I think the "To The Nines Specialty DP" is a perfect remedy for that! (too bad it's discontinued)   I stamped my image on white paper using Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip.  I then sponged the edge to make it look more vintage.

To assemble my card I layered a piece of the "To The Nines Specialty DP" onto a piece of Chocolate Chip CS along with a white layer that was punched with the Scallop Trim Border from Stampin' Up. I then took a piece of 1/4" grosgrain Chocolate Chip Ribbon, placed it around the matted DP, brought the ends of the ribbon around back and stuck them down to the back of the Chocolate Chip CS.  I then centered and mounted this piece to the Sahara Sand card front.  Lastly, I stamped the greeting in Sage Shadow. 

Stamps:  Thoughts & Prayers and Well Scripted (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Whisper White, To The Nines DSP, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Sahara Sand
Ink:  Sage Shadow & Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Silver Brads, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon
Punches:  Scallop Trim Border

Thanks for stopping by!


Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment