Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Matted Decorative Label Punch

    I just love the Decorative Label punch from Stampin' Up.  The only problem is that I think layering gives the card more dimension and there isn't another punch that works for a mat.  What to do??  I tried several different ideas on my own and finally resorted to searching online.  I found a lot of great ideas but the one I liked the best is by Noel Johnson. Thanks Noel for this great tutorial on how to mat your Decorative Label punch.  If you follow her simple steps, you'll have a great looking card!

Here's the technique:
  • Punch two labels for your mat.
  • Cut as shown below.
  • Use the four numbered pieces as mat gluing them on the back of your label. 
Stamps:  Four Frames & Watercolor Trio
Paper: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink:  Soft Suede
Accessories: Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Swiss Dot Embossing Folder

If you're in my Friday night card club (and you know who you are), we'll be making this next month!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment